Minutes of a Parish Meeting held on Tuesday 3 November 2015 at 7.30pm in the Estate Office at Leighton Court
Present: Cllrs Robert Manning (Chairman), Malcolm Davies, Brian Willder, John Paterson, George Troughton, Charles Pudge, George Orgee.
In attendance: Parish Clerk – Christine Rees.
1 member of the public present.
1. Apologies for absence. Ward Cllr Jonathan Lester.
2. To co-opt to fill outstanding vacancies.
No co-options at this meeting, leaving 2 outstanding vacancies.
3. To receive declarations of interest & written requests for dispensations.
There were none.
4. Open Session:
4.1 Ward Cllr Jonathan Lester was unable to attend but forwarded his comments, to advise the Councillors to familiarise themselves with the Core Strategy which is available on the Council website.
4.2 One local residents was present, but no views or comments raised.
5. To consider the minutes of two previous meetings:
The minutes of the meeting held on 30 July 2015 were agreed and signed.
• P152364/F Lower House Farm, Canon Frome, Ledbury, Herefordshire, HR8 2TG – Proposed extension to ‘The Stables’ conference/meeting venue – it was RESOLVED to support this application.
• P152501/K St Lawrence’s Church, Stretton Grandison, Ledbury, Herefordshire HR8 TW – work to Lebanon Cedar Tree – it was RESOLVED to support this application.
• P152341/FH The Old Apple Store, Townsend Barns, Stretton Grandison, Ledbury, Herefordshire, HR8 2TS – children’s activity play frame in rear garden – this was a retrospective application.
• Application 152724 – Church House, Town Farm Road, Castle Frome, Ledbury, Herefordshire – Two proposed replacement windows – it was RESOLVED to support this application.
7.1 To consider payment to Came & Company Insurance – £265.00 – it was RESOLVED to pay.
7.2 To consider payment to Mrs Preedy catering for Neighbourhood Planning event – £30 – it was RESOLVED to pay.
7.3 To consider clerks salary – it was RESOLVED to pay.
7.4 To consider clerks expenses and mileage – it was RESOLVED to pay.
7.5 To consider payment to HMRC for PAYE – £78.20 – it was RESOLVED to pay.
7.6 To consider invoice 84276211 to Grant Thornton – £30.00 – it was RESOLVED to pay.
7.7 To consider part payment of clerks CiLCA Qualification – £83.00 – it was RESOLVED to support this request.
7.8 To consider the purchase of a memory stick – it was RESOLVED to support this request.
7.9 To consider change of address and signatories for bank account – it was RESOLVED that Cllr Rob Manning, Malcolm Davies and Charles Pudge would be the signatories, and to change the bank statement address to the clerk’s.
8. To consider the 2016/17 Precept.
There was a discussion regarding setting the 2016/17 Precept and it was
RESOLVED to keep it the same at £5000.
9. To consider Community Governance Review.
This was disused but RESOLVED to remain as Stretton Grandsion Group Parish Council.
10. To note Annual return for the year ended 31 March from Grant Thornton.
11. To note Information Items:
• Letter from Age Concern requesting a contribution – to leave decision until next meeting.
• Leaflets regarding canvassing.
12. To note the date of the next Neighbourhood Planning meeting as 24
November 2015, 7pm Canon Frome Court.
13. To consider the date of the next scheduled meeting:
Tuesday 26 January 2016 at 7.30pm in the Estate Office at Leighton Court.